Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Up Close & Personal: Seahawks vs. Redskins

There are good days, there are great days, and then there was October 2, 2005.

Ever have one of those days where every moment continues to ascend to greatness, eventually ending in an amazing, surreal experience?
You ever have a day when, for six hours, you think "there's no way this can get better." And then it does?

(The last time it almost happened to me, I was sitting at a concert, slack-jawed, glowing from the manifold radiance of She Who Is Fine, Sade. I elbowed my wife, who for some reason wasn't watching the stage, and rhetorically asked "Isn't she dreeeeamy?" Let's just say that the evening didn't end well.)

Well, Sunday was one of those days. Not only did I get to partake of great football on a gorgeous afternoon, but I witnessed the Redskins win in overtime, scoring all of their touchdowns right in front of me. I'm fairly certain that if you put your TiVo on slow-mo, you'll see me hollering like a banshee. I've said it before, I'll say it again: there's no substitute for being at a Redskins game. If that wasn't enough, my Pops and I happened to see an old friend of his in the parking lot pre-game, and he offered us passes to the Player's Lot to see if we could meet some of the Skins.

At the risk of sounding like a naive, hero-worshipping groupie, let me say that meeting some of the Redskins was one of the highlights of my life as a Redskins fan. I appreciated that most were cordial, even friendly, and t
ook the time to sign hats, tickets, and shirts. That is, except for LaVar Arrington. More on him later.

With no further ado, allow me to present my Gameday Photo Essay: Pregame/Gametime and Postgame.

No comments:

Post a Comment